To cook a hamburger on a griddle, coat the surface with a healthy cooking oil. After preheating to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, cook the meat for about 4 minutes on one side, and 3 minutes on the other side.
How do you cook hamburgers on a griddle?
Hamburger griddling instructions
- Oil up your griddle.
- Heat the oil at high temperature on the stovetop until it spits lightly.
- Slap on your hamburger patties and cook for 3 minutes on one side. …
- Flip over your burger patties and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove burgers and add to your buns.
What temperature do you cook burgers on a griddle?
What Temperature to Set the Griddle To? Heat up the griddle to 350 degrees. That is enough heat to cook the burgers without burning them. Use a pastry brush to spread oil onto the griddle.
How long do you cook burgers on the Blackstone griddle?
It’s plain and simple:
- Preheat your griddle for 5 minutes.
- Oil up the griddle plate.
- Press your meat together to form 2” patties. …
- Throw down your patties on the griddle.
- Smash the patties with a press or spatula for 30 seconds (make it non-stick before)
- Stop smashing and keep cooking the patties for 1 – 2 minutes.
How long do I grill burgers on each side?
Here’s exactly how long to grill your burgers
- For a well-done burger, grill for 7 minutes per side.
- For a medium-well burger, grill for 6 minutes per side.
- For a medium burger, grill for 5 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare burger, grill for 4 minutes per side.
- For a rare burger, grill for 3 minutes per side.
Are burgers better on grill or griddle?
While grills let fat drip down through the grates, sapping moisture from the meat, griddles fry patties in their own juices. … Griddles are also arguably safer to use than grills, since there’s no risk of being singed by open flames.
Can you cook burgers on a skillet?
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. When the pan is hot, carefully place the patties in the skillet (no need to grease skillet) leaving some space between each patty. Cook the burgers until nicely seared and they have browned halfway up the sides. Flip the burgers and cook to your liking.
Should you use a burger press?
Reasons for “Pressing” Down On A Burger
“Releases some of the “juices” from the meat so it won’t stick to the grill” “If cooking burgers medium well, it insures there’s no bloody juices left in the burger” “It cooks them faster, and more evenly throughout the patty” “Helps keep their shape even and uniform”
What temperature do you cook hamburgers at?
How hot should the grill be for burgers? For burgers the optimal grilling temperature rule is – the hotter the better. Heat your grill to medium high heat (between 350-400°F).
How do you tell if a burger is done?
To see if your burger is ready, just plunge the thermometer into the center of the burger. We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare.
How long do I cook a burger for medium?
For medium burgers, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other side for five minutes. When you prefer your burger to be done medium-well, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other for six minutes.
Should I grill burgers with the lid open or closed?
When cooking burgers on a gas grill with the lid open it will take longer for the burgers to cook. You are losing heat when you open the lid, just like when you open your oven door. … If you decide to leave the lid closed from the beginning it will allow heat to build which will make the burgers cook more quickly.