Fill deep fryer not more than half full of oil. Fill fryer basket not more than half full of frozen Extra Crispy Tater Tots. Carefully lower basket into hot oil. Fry 3–4 minutes.
How do you know when tater tots are done frying?
Fill the deep-fryer basket no more than halfway with tater tots and submerge them in the preheated oil. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
What oil do you use to deep fry tater tots?
The first thing to remember when frying is to use an oil that is able to sustain high temperatures, such as canola oil. Canola oil has a smoking point of around 425 degrees Fahrenheit, so it’ll be best to fry our tots between 350-375 degrees.
How do you fry potato tots?
- Deep Fryer• Preheat cooking oil in electric deep fryer to 375degF. Fill deep fryer not more than half full of oil. • Fill fryer basket not more than half full of frozen Extra Crispy Tater Tots. Carefully lower basket into hot oil. • Fry 3–4 minutes. …
- Cook thoroughly. Keep frozen.
Are frozen Tater Tots already fried?
Ore-Ida Tater Tots
“Many people think since they will cook at home without a fryer, they won’t be ‘fried. ‘ However, these products are already pre-fried, drenched in oil, then frozen to preserve them,” says nutritionist Lisa Hayim, MS, RD. Sounds like a disaster in disguise!
How do you get frozen Tater Tots crispy?
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add tater tots to a baking sheet. Pour bacon grease over the tater tots. Sprinkle with season salt. …
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Turn tater tots over and return to oven for 10- 15 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- Serve immediately.
Can you pan fry Ore Ida Tater Tots?
If you are cooking Tater Tots as a side dish for burgers or brats, you can grill them alongside the meat, advises Ore-Ida. Spray a disposable foil pan with cooking oil. Add a single layer of tots to the pan. … Cook for 20 to 22 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
Can I cook frozen Tater Tots on a pan?
TO COOK FROZEN TATER TOTS IN A SKILLET
First heat oil at a depth of ¼ inch in the bottom of your skillet over medium high heat. Cook until the amount of crispness that you prefer – turning frequently. Apply salt and pepper while draining.
Are tater tots healthy?
Crispy, salty, greasy tater tots may be a cafeteria favorite, but they aren’t necessarily healthy. Even if you bake them from frozen rather than frying them, they’ve already had a significant amount of fat added during processing.
Is Tater Tots better than French fries?
A serving of tater tots (86 grams) has 160 calories and 8 grams of fat, but packs a whopping 420 milligrams of sodium. While fries do have more calories and fat than tater tots, the extraordinary increase in sodium in tots makes fries the healthier choice — barely.
What temperature should I deep fry tater tots at?
Preheat cooking oil in electric deep fryer to 375°F. Fill deep fryer not more than half full of oil. 2. Fill fryer basket not more than half full of frozen Tater Tots.
Are tater tots fried?
Tater tots are grated potatoes formed into small cylinders and deep-fried, often served as a side dish.
How do you deep fry tater tots without a deep fryer?
Six Steps for Deep-Frying Without a Deep Fryer
- Choose an appropriate frying oil, one that has a higher smoke point than the desired cooking temperature. …
- Add the oil to a deep pot, but fill it no more than half full. …
- Preheat the oil to the cooking temperature. …
- Pat food dry with paper towels before frying.
How do you make tater tots crispy again?
The first thing you have to do is fire up the oven and preheat it to 350°F. While that’s going on, pick out your favorite oven safe dish and lay your tots out on it. Next, and this is important, cover that dish with aluminium foil. You’re going to want to bake them like that for 15 to 25 minutes.