Dish soap and water is the most reliable way to clean a gas grill without chemicals. You can always reapply dish soap and water to break down the tough grease. Using chemicals like baking soda and water or vinegar and water is the more efficient way to clean your gas grill.
What household items can you use to clean a grill?
By Julia Furukawa
- Vinegar Spray. Vinegar is a great household cleaner that can be used in lieu of harsh chemicals, and it works just as well for your grill. …
- Baking Soda. Baking soda is a great natural exfoliant. …
- Dishwasher. Unless your grill is very large, most grates will fit in a standard dishwasher. …
What is the best cleaner to clean a grill?
8 Best Grill Cleaners for Every Kind of Barbecue Mess
- Best Overall Grill Cleaner: Carbona 2-in-1 Oven Rack & Grill Cleaner.
- Best Heavy Duty Grill Cleaner: Zep Oven and Grill Cleaner.
- Best Grill Cleaner for Indoor Grills: Dawn Platinum Powerwash Dish Spray.
- Best Grill Cleaner for Burned-On Grease: Easy-Off BBQ Grill Cleaner.
What to use if you don’t have grill cleaner?
Distilled White Vinegar
To use white vinegar on your grill, mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Make sure the grill or smoker is cool and then spray the solution on, especially making sure to saturate the grates. Let the vinegar sit for 10 minutes to allow it to break down grease and grime.
What can I use to clean the outside of my grill?
Soapy water is the safest cleaning solution for most gas grills. Just make a cleaning solution with water and a squirt or two of mild dishwashing soap. Wipe the exterior of the grill with the soapy water, use a rag dipped in clean water to remove the soap residue, and then dry the exterior of the grill thoroughly.
How do I clean my grill with vinegar?
Make a vinegar solution with equal parts white vinegar and water, spray onto your grill, and let sit for half an hour. Then, empty the bottle and refill with a small quantity of neat vinegar. Spray again, let it sit for another half an hour, and then wipe your grate clean.
How do you get burnt on grease off a grill?
White distilled vinegar: Reach into your pantry for an all-natural cleaner with grease- and rust-fighting power. Fill a spray bottle with equal parts white vinegar and water, then spray down grates and let the solution sit for about an hour.
How do you clean a easy off grill?
EASY-OFF® BBQ Grill Cleaner
- Remove rack from grill and place on several layers of newspaper on a non-wood surface such as pavement or in a utility sink. …
- Hold can upright pointed away from face and spray from a distance of 9-12 inches. …
- Wipe reack with wet cloth or sponge, rinsing frequently.
How do you make homemade degreaser?
- Combine 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of water in a small bowl. …
- For extra degreasing power, add a few drops of orange or lemon essential oil. …
- Spread the paste over the dirty surface. …
- Lightly spray vinegar over the paste to make it fizz, making it even easier to clean.
How do I clean my grill with baking soda?
Moisten the grill grate with water. Sprinkle ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda liberally over the stainless steel grates and let sit for 10 minutes. Using a damp scourer sponge, scrub the grate going up and down each wire. Rinse with water and return the grate to the grill.
Is white vinegar a degreaser?
Distilled vinegar (also called white vinegar) can be used alone as a degreaser. The vinegar can be applied to greasy surfaces with either a spray bottle or a cloth, and should cut most grease with minimal rubbing. Mix 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before rinsing with water.
Can I use oven cleaner on my grill?
Spray the grill grates with oven cleaner, coating them thoroughly. You can also spray the interior of the grill with the cleaner, but do not get oven cleaner on the exterior of the grill because it can damage the enamel finish. Leave the cleaner on the grates for 20 to 30 minutes so it can soften the grime buildup.
What can I use to clean my stainless steel grill?
Sprinkle baking soda all over the stainless steel grate. Next, use a spray bottle to spray white vinegar over the baking soda. After the mixture foams, gently scrub with a wire brush or steel wool. Once clean, rinse the grate well with water and allow it to dry completely before returning them to your grill.