How do I cook a 2 inch thick steak?
How to Cook Cowboy Steak in the Oven
- Be sure your steak is completely thawed.
- Bring the meat to room temperature. …
- Place steaks on the rack of a broiler pan. …
- For the perfect medium-rare steak, broil in the oven for 19-21 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point.
How do you cook the perfect thick steak?
These tips will turn you into a pro in no time!
- Salt the steak at least 30 minutes in advance (but, preferably, overnight) Salting is the very best thing you can do for a large steak. …
- Prepare your steak for the grill. …
- Grill over indirect heat. …
- Sous Vide your Steak. …
- Use a Meat Thermometer. …
- Don’t Forget to Let it Rest.
How long does it take to cook a 2 inch thick steak?
SIRLOIN STRIP STEAKS, RIBEYE STEAKS & PORTERHOUSE STEAKS
|Thickness||Rare 110 to 120 F||Medium Rare 120 to 130 F|
|1.25″||4.5 minutes EACH SIDE||5.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.5″||5 minutes EACH SIDE||6 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.75″||5.5 minutes EACH SIDE||6.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|2″||6 minutes EACH SIDE||7 minutes EACH SIDE|
How long should I cook a 2 inch steak?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
How do you cook an extra thick ribeye steak?
How to Cook Extra-Thick Ribeye Steaks
- Heat the oven to 500 F while the beef rests. Put a large cast-iron skillet in the oven to heat. …
- Pick up the steaks with tongs and set them in the skillet. …
- Check the thermometer. …
- Cover the plate loosely with aluminum foil for 5 minutes, then check the thermometer again.
How thick should a steak be?
While 1 inch is a good starting point, the best steaks, especially when it comes to premium cuts like ribeyes and strips, are around 1.5 inches in thickness. With a 1.5-inch-thick steak, the steak’s center is better insulated compared to thinner steaks, allowing you to be much more precise when it comes to doneness.
What temperature do you grill thick steaks?
The best temperature for steaks is 450°F to 500°F. 4. Put your steaks on the grill, close the lid, and set your timer for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your steak. (Refer to our grill guide for more accurate times.)
How long do you cook a thick steak for medium rare?
If you like your steak medium-rare
For medium-rare, aim for an internal temperature of around 130 degrees. For a 1-inch thick steak, this should take about 7 minutes of cooking on each side. Let the meat rest for up to 10 minutes before serving.
How long do you grill an inch thick steak?
A 1-inch sirloin generally takes about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare doneness or 5-6 minutes for a medium steak doneness.