How long does it take to cook a 9 pound turkey?
The general rule is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of turkey when cooking an unstuffed turkey.
How long do you cook a 9 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
We recommend roasting turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to bake a 9 1/2 pound turkey?
The thermometer should not touch bone. Cover turkey loosely with foil. Roast in a 325°F oven for 2-1/4 hours.
How long does it take to cook a 10lb turkey?
How Long to Cook Your Turkey
- 10-pound turkey: about 2 hours 10 minutes.
- 12-pound turkey: about 2 hours 36 minutes.
- 14-pound turkey: about 3 hours 2 minutes.
- 16-pound turkey: about 3 hours 28 minutes.
- 18-pound turkey: about 3 hours 54 minutes.
- 20-pound turkey: about 4 hours 20 minutes.
How many people will a 10lb turkey feed?
What Size Turkey Should you Buy?
Should you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Q: Should I roast the bird covered or uncovered? A: The Butterball folks recommend cooking the turkey uncovered in a roasting pan. … If you put foil on the breast, remove it about 30-45 minutes before the turkey is done to allow the breast to brown.
Do you cover a turkey while cooking?
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
Should you wash your turkey?
First of all, you should not wash or rinse your bird. That may seem counterintuitive, but washing the turkey can spread germs and bacteria all over your kitchen. … Poultry juices can spread in the kitchen and contaminate other foods, utensils, and countertops.”
How often should you baste your turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.