Can you season rice after it’s cooked?
After your rice is cooked, heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Choose an oil that has a lot of flavor, such as olive oil. You can also add some herbs or spices, such as parsley or garlic. Add your rice to the skillet and coat the rice in the oil and herbs until it’s golden brown.
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
Seasoning rice with garlic powder creates a savory, all-purpose dish that can be paired with a wide variety of foods. Garlic powder also delivers a delightful umami note, according to Bon Appetit. If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three.
What can I add to cooked white rice?
- Butter and parmesan cheese.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Creamy gravy.
- Cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sauteed garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Broccoli flowerets and cheese.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews.
How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
10 Hacks To Make Your Instant Rice Taste Amazing
- Add Herbs. Shutterstock. …
- Cook It In Broth. Instead of filling your pot with water, use vegetable or chicken broth for a rich-tasting bowl of rice.
- Add Cilantro And Lime. …
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce. …
- Sprinkle On Furikake. …
- Mix In Salsa. …
- Add Beans. …
- Put An Egg On It.
How do you flavor rice for cooking?
One of the simplest ways to flavour rice is to add liquid or powdered stock to the pot. If you opt for powdered stock, add it in place of the salt in step 2. If you choose liquid stock, add it in place of the water in step 3. If you would prefer a lighter flavour, try adding half stock and half water.
How do you make boiled rice more tasty?
Toast the grains.
Toasting the dry rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding the water brings out their flavor and adds a fantastic nutty note in the finished dish. I especially love doing this with brown rice and other whole grains like farro and barley.
What goes well with rice?
7 Yummy Foods to Serve with Rice …
- Lettuce Wraps.
- The Sweet Stuff.
What are the basic spices used in cooking?
- Red Pepper Flakes. Whether you’re making homemade marinara sauce or topping a take-out pizza, red pepper flakes are essential for adding a kick of heat to your meals. …
- Garlic Powder. …
- Ground Cinnamon. …
- Whole Nutmeg. …
- Cayenne Pepper. …
- Ground Cumin. …
- Onion Powder.
How do you doctor up rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.