How long do I cook bone-in ribeyes on the grill?
Grilling Bone-in Ribeye
For the perfect medium-rare bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 10-12 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 13-17 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
How long should I grill a ribeye steak on each side?
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Place rib-eye steaks on a large platter and season with rub on all sides. Transfer seasoned steaks to the hot grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, longer if desired. Remove steaks and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
How do you grill a 2 inch ribeye steak?
For the perfect medium-rare thick-cut bone-in ribeye steak, grill for 18-20 minutes for a 2-inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
How long do you grill a 1 1 2 inch thick ribeye steak?
Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking. For the perfect medium-rare ribeye steak, grill for 9-12 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 12-15 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. A meat thermometer should read 130°F.
What temperature do you grill bone in ribeye?
Place ribeye steaks on the grill
- 120° F = Rare.
- 130° F = Medium rare.
- 140° F = Medium.
- 160° F = Well done.
How do you cook a 2lb bone in ribeye?
Cooking Instructions: Bone-in Ribeye
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Sear steaks 2 minutes on each side.
- Roast in oven 8-10 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
How do you grill a steak on a gas grill?
Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
How long do you cook a 1 inch steak on the grill?
A 1-inch sirloin generally takes about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare doneness or 5-6 minutes for a medium steak doneness.
How do I cook a ribeye on a Weber gas grill?
Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare (125°F), turning once. Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for a few minutes before serving. Brush the cooking grates clean.
How do you grill an extra thick ribeye?
- Start with prime or choice ribeye steaks. I like a 1 ¼ to 1 ½ inch thick that will be 12-16 ozs. …
- While the steaks are resting, get your grill temperature about 450°-500°. …
- If there is a layer of trimmable fat, remove most of it. …
- Place the steaks on the grill. …
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes minimum.
How do you grill a 2 inch steak on a gas grill?
To cook a 2-inch-thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium. To cook a 3-inch-thick steak, use indirect heat.