It is great when people get the chance to reward those around them for doing a good job isn’t it? And what better way to give people the credit they deserve than a good old fashioned awards ceremony! If you are a frequent reader of this blog, you know very well that I am a travel writer and I travel a lot not only to discover and share new things on my blog.. I also travel to share to you the best food in town.
This is exactly what Holiday Extras thought when they started the Holiday Extras Customer Awards three years ago. Over the past three years these awards have been gathering more and more momentum in the travel world and each year more customers from Holidayextras.co.uk are voting for who they think are the best people in the travel industry at the moment.
There are lots of categories (with more being added each year) to help people sift through what is important to them when it comes to the services they need when they are booking their holiday board or maybe even a business trip.
Here is a list of the winners from the Holiday Extras Customers Awards 2012, as voted for by the customers of Holiday Extras.
– Best Airline: Emirates
– Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
– Best Airline for Value for Money: easyJet
– Best Airport: Belfast International
– Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
– Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
– Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
– Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
– Best Airline for Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
– Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
– Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
Over 66,000 people cast their vote this year – which is an amazing achievement as this number of voters is almost triple the number of people who voted 12 months ago. This is proof of just how popular these awards are becoming and with celebrities from the travel world like Simon Calder lending their name to the event (Simon Calder Hosted this year’s awards) then this adds further credence to the event.
Two new categories were added this year and these were the categories for the best travel guide and also a new category for the most inspirational travel film. Holiday Extras are not planning on stopping there either. There are plans to make the awards for 2012 even bigger with more categories and more voters.
Voters were also given a little treat too, as a way of saying thank you for giving their opinion. Voters were entered into a prize draw that saw the winner picked out a random and received a great prize that involved an overnight stay including dinner at an airport hotel two weeks’ worth of airport parking with use of the airport lounge before departure.
For more information on how Holiday Extras can help you book your next holiday visit Holiday Extras.
Pinoy Food Blog Search:
- leche flan (315)
- pampanga (216)
- lachis davao menu (145)
- sizzling bangus belly (114)
- sizzling recipe filipino (80)
- cheap culinary schools in manila (77)
- sea foods (57)
- meringue recipes (55)
- rose and grace sta rosa (41)
- famous cebu lechon (41)
- singkit restaurant (39)
- chami pancit (35)
- rum cake recipe (34)
- coconut crab in batanes (29)
- pansit chami recipe (20)