Risotto is normally a primo (first course), served on its own before the main course. A high-starch (amylopectin), low-amylose round medium- or short- grain rice is usually used to make risotto.
Risotto Bravo with Osso Buco Recipe
- 60 g risotto rice
- 24.1 g onions white minced
- 13.7 g butter unsalted
- beef broth
- Melt butter and cook onions in low fire for 10 minutes.
- Add broth to onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add risotto rice, slowly add hot broth (following 1:1 ratio of rice & broth)
- Cook for 5 minutes.
Osso Buco Recipe
250 g beef shank
13 g MAYA All Purpose Flour
5 g rock salt
.5 g pepper, black ground
28 g butter unsalted, for sautéing
85 g white onions, chopped
65 g carrots small, cubed
75 g potatoes, ½ cubes
13 g celery “chopped”
25 g Mushroom button fresh “sliced”
56 ml white wine
38 g tomato whole peeled, Capri drained
25 g tomato water
.5 g lemon rind
.25 g water
1. Pre heat oven to 325°F or 160°C.
2. Coat meat in flour, salt and pepper mixture.
3. Heat oil in heavy pan over medium heat, add meat and cook in high fire until all sides are brown.
4. In another stock pot, melt butter, sauté onion until transparent.
5. Add carrots, potatoes, celery, mushrooms & beef broth & cook over medium heat until vegetables are cooked.
6. In a separate stock pot put meat and wine and cover with lid and let it boil for 1 minute.
7. Add tomato whole peeled, tomato water, lemon rind & water, cook for about 30 minutes.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Transfer meat mixture and vegetable mixture in a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil.
10. Bake for 2 hours or until meat is tender.