After having Maya Hotcake breakfast, I spent the rest of the morning reading recipe books and food magazines. I’m planning to cut down eating meat and processed food and instead eat veggies, seafood and fruits – healthy diet yeah? While browsing an old cookbook, I saw an easy to prepare hot and spicy recipe for shrimp.
Hot and Spicy Shrimp in Tomato
Whats happened? I asked our helper to go to the nearest supermarket to buy fresh medium size prawns and fresh tomatoes since I have the rest of the ingredients in my cabinet.
Hot and Spicy Shrimp Recipe
What makes shrimp a healthy food? Shrimps are an excellent source of selenium and unusually low-fat, low-calorie protein–a four ounce serving of shrimp supplies 23.7 grams of protein (that’s 47.4% of the daily value for protein) for a mere 112 calories and less than a gram of fat.
Ready to Eat Spicy Shrimps
Shrimp also emerged as a very good source of vitamin D and vitamin B12. Source : http://www.whfoods.com/
Spicy Shrimps Anyone?
How to cook your own Hot and Spicy Shrimp in Tomato?
Serves 3-4 : Preparation time – 6 minutes : Cooking time is 10 minutes
- 500 grams white shrimp, deveined
- 6 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon of green chili, sliced
- 2 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Lea & Perrins Hot Sauce
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- In a pan, heat olive oil then saute the chili until slightly wilted
- Add the garlic and cook till fragrant
- Add Paprika, crushed tomatoes and Lea & Perrins hot sauce
- Add the shrimps, Mix until combined.
- Simmer till shrimps turn pink and sauce is slightly thickened
- Season with salt and pepper
Serve with Rice (Please one cup only) LOL!