After baking Chocolate flavored Rum Cake, I realized that I still have half bottle of rum so I decided to bake another version.
This time, the cake has dates as one of the main ingredients but don’t worry, the baking procedure is almost similar with the Chocolate Rum Cake Recipe.
Rum Cakes can last longer than most cakes that’s why I love baking this recipe during Holiday season. If you want to bake and serve it this Christmas, here’s the easy Rum Cake baking procedure >>
Main Ingredients :
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 4 pcs egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp iodized salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 6 pcs egg whites from large sized eggs
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Butter Rum Glaze Ingredients :
- 2 tbsps butter, melted
- 3 tbsps Rum
- 2 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut roasted
Baking Procedure :
- Cream Butter with sugar. When light and fluffy add egg yolks. Add vanilla extracts.
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder and iodized salt then add to the butter mixture.
- Blend milk to the mixture. Fold in the chopped pitted dates.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Fold in the Date mixture until well mixed.
- Pour over greased Bundt pan. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes in a 350 degrees F.
For the Rum Glaze :
- Mix all the ingredients except nuts. Prick cake using toothpicks or barbecue skewers.
- Pour glaze or brush over cooked cake and sprinkle nuts on top. (fruits are optional)
Hey! If you have other interesting rum cake recipe that you want to share… send me one please. Thanks much! and I hope you enjoy it:)