What do you do if you have excess Rum and you realized that you are no really a rum person? Easy! Bake Rum Cake and make the rum more enjoyable even with kids:)
Rum cake is one my favorite cakes to bake and it also has a lot of variations. I previously posted a recipe of Orange Rum Cake and got good response and couple of rum cake recipe suggestions.
An undisclosed reader sent me this recipe couple of months back, so if you have a bottle of rum… just use this recipe >>
Main Ingredients :
- 240 grams unsweetened chocolate
- cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 pcs egg yolk
- 1 cup almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rum
- 6 pcs egg whites
- 3 tbsps sugar
- Cream butter, add sugar until soft peaks form then add vanilla, egg yolks and melted unsweetened chocolate.
- Mix well then add rum and blend well
- Sift flour and baking powder, add butter mixture then set aside
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl, gradually add sugar and beat until stiff. Fold in yolk mixture.
- Pour over greased Bundt pan
- Bake for 40 minutes in a 350 degrees F.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and revert to cool. Prick the cake for better absorption of the chocolate rum glaze.
To make rum chocolate glaze follow the steps bellow:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 125 grams of melted dark sweet chocolate
- tbsps dark rum
- cup sliced almonds toasted
- Over a double boiler, melt butter with chopped chocolate. Remove from the heat source and mix well
- Pour over cooked cake then decorate with almond flakes and fruits on top.
Oh btw I personally love Rum Cakes when served chilled:) Enjoy!!!