Sinigang is probably one of the most popular Pinoy dish and this is commonly served in different variations. Sinigang na Bangus is definitely my favorite but aside from Bangus you can also use pork, beef, Shrimps and different types of fish for your Sinigang.
If you are inspired to cook Milkfish in Tamarind Broth, checkout this simple recipe :
- 1 piece large bangus, cleaned and sliced into three pieces (depending on the size)
- 5 cups water
- 1 small ginger, sliced
- 2 pieces tomatoes, sliced into two
- 1 large onion, sliced into two
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into four
- 6 pieces string beans, cut diagonally
- 1 – 2 cups kangkong leaves
- 1 small pack tamarind mix powder
- 2 pcs green chili
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 1 tb Patis (fish sauce)
- In a casserole, Boil water and ginger for 10 minutes.
- Add the bangus, tomatoes, and onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tamarind powder and salt to taste.
- Add the eggplant and string beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the kangkong leaves and green chilli then let stand covered for 5 minutes.