Meringue is a type of dessert made from whipped egg whites and caster sugar. Some meringue recipes call for adding a binding agent such as cream of tartar or the cornstarch found in confectioner’s sugar. For Filipinos, Meringue is a popular dessert available in almost all bakeshops.
Serving Size : 20- 24 pieces
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Cooking Instructions :
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Line 3 or 4 cookie sheets with parchment or baking paper. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, combine eg whites and cream of tartar. Beat at high speed until frothy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch star tube. Pipe into 1 inch stars, 2 inches apart on the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crisp and lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight plastic container.
Since Its my first time to make Meringue, some are not in its perfect form.. but it was a good start though.
Pinoy Food Blog Search:
- meringue recipe (1180)
- filipino meringue recipe (398)
- merengue food (357)
- meringue recipe philippines (249)
- pinoy meringue recipe (214)
- meringue recipe panlasang pinoy (210)
- meringue recipe filipino (165)
- panlasang pinoy meringue (117)
- meringue filipino recipe (109)
- meringue recipe pinoy (105)
- meringue panlasang pinoy (100)
- how to make meringue (100)
- filipino dessert recipe (92)
- filipino meringue (87)
- meringue pinoy recipe (73)