If you want to make a delicious healthy meal and you want to temporarily get rid of artery clogging foods, try this recipe and you will surely love it.
I love cooking and eating pasta and I have already posted some of my favorite pasta recipes but for Pesto, I prefer to use fusilli because I like the way the tuna gets lodged in the twists of the corkscrews.
Yield: Serves 4- 5
Fusilli Pasta With Tuna and Pesto Sauce Ingredients
- 190 grams Classic Pesto Sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 100 grams tuna in water
- 500 grams Fusilli Pasta
- 50 grams Freshly grated Parmesan for serving (optional)
Cooking Fusilli Pasta With Tuna and Pesto Sauce in two easy steps :
- Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna. Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan or saucepan over medium heat, and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, just until fragrant, and remove from the heat. Add to the tuna and the pesto sauce then mix together.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to the bowl with the tuna and pesto sauce then toss everything together, and serve. Pass the Parmesan at the table.
I forgot to buy fresh basil for the garnish so i used Chili leaves as a replacement. Good thing it looks perfectly the same. Yey!